Building your brand on social media takes time, dedication, and consistency. We can take a moment and admit that there are companies that buy Facebook likes mainly because they want to portray themselves as an established company trusted by a significant amount of people. But is it worth it?
Why you should not buy followers/likes:
– These likes you bought are not your target market, meaning your customers or clients, if they are even real people and not bots! These ‘followers’ will not be interacting with you in any way. The true point of social media is not to have the biggest following out there, but to connect with your target market so you are top of the mind for them.
– We all know about Facebook’s impressive algorithm that decides which brand content is filtered through to news feeds. There are various factors that come into play here apart from an individual’s personal likes. It’s also determined by engagement on your page. So, if Facebook sees dwindling engagement (big follower base, but no engagement), fewer of your posts will make it to the news feed organically and you will end up having to buy ads to reach your target market.
– Now comes the interesting part. You pay for ads to reach your followers, but you are in fact also paying to reach the fake followers you bought. Money down the drain so to speak.
– The internet can be a scary place with loads of scammers out there just waiting to get their grubby paws on your hard-earned money. Some of the services that you buy likes from are extra shady. They could end up spamming your followers with ads for their own services!
– The next point is the most important: the possible damage to your reputation. If your organic followers found out you bought followers, you may be viewed as a cheater who would rather opt for the easy way out as opposed to putting in the hard work. And if you are willing to cut corners buying followers, what other corners are you cutting in your business?
– If all of this doesn’t scare you, how about if Facebook discovers you have a lot of fake accounts attached to your page? There is a very high possibility that Facebook will act against you which could range from banning you for a while (Facebook jail) or even delete your page!
I know it’s very tempting. But please think carefully if you ever consider buying likes/followers.
𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴/𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘌𝘭𝘡𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯.